NEW ALBUM "The Sacred Mood" OUT NOW!

NEW ALBUM "The Sacred Mood" OUT NOW!

The Gospel According to The Press



                             

Monday, January 23, 2012

Southern Revelation Tour Update 4 - London!




[Photo by Scott Chalmers & Hair by Jack Osborne @ Scala - London]


Southern ℜevelation Tour † Update - London, UK:


It was our first time playing the beautiful venue Scala and the show felt magical from the stage and beyond intense on the barrier. I have never seen such a big photographer pit which lasted from start to finish so hopefully we will be seeing some amazing photos very soon from those who shot it! Vocally this tour feels like a rock redemption for me because my voice is so strong at the moment and I am truly myself on the microphone unlike our last UK tour in 2011 when I was so sick. This is who I am and the band had a blast on stage together as we ripped through our set. One of my favorite moments of the show was when my dear friend and My Ruin's press officer Mona Miluski of the German rock band A Million Miles joined me on stage for a kick ass duet of 'Money $hot'. I have to admit, I got a little choked up when I introduced her because of all we have been through together with our new and last album releases and our ex label Tiefdruck Musik. I think the fact that this was also the first time in 2 years that we met in person only a few hours before we took the stage made it feel even more surreal on so many levels for both of us. It was lovely seeing so many familiar faces in the front rows screaming every word with me and amazing how many people knew the lyrics to the songs we played from the new album....especially the violent fantasy anthem that is 'Middle Finger'!

Before the show, we did a photo shoot upstairs with my longtime friend, Mr Paul Harries which was fun, then I signed all the limited edition collection prints he brought with him to be mailed this week to those of you who have purchased them. I love shooting with Paul because it always feels like home in front of his camera. After the shoot with Mr H, our good friend Scott Chalmers snapped some killer shots as well. He's another artist when it comes to his photography and always a pleasure to work with. After the show we all went to Nambucca where Mick Wood & Nickie Hobbs of Devolution Magazine hosted a crazy little after party for us and it was nice to see everyone and have a few interesting post show chats with Fireball Whiskey shots! Thank you again to everyone who made this night so special and for all the heartfelt belated birthday gifts I was given after the show. I love them all and I was really touched. Had a rad day off today which we spent with our friends in Sanctorum at Stonehenge & at the Salisbury Cathedral. I need to try to get a few hours of sleep before the sun comes up from my hotel window so I will post more about that later. Looking forward to our show this evening at the White Rabbit in Plymouth!


Mrs M